Monday, December 12, 2005
- The parts necessary to begin permanent repairs in the elevator pits at the Lion's Eye Center have been received and work is underway. The work is anticipated to take approximately 2 weeks.
- All the refrigerators have been removed from the upper floors of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The installation of the emergency lights in the stairwells and hallways of the Lion's Eye Center has been completed.
- An additional crew began working today at the Lion's Eye Center removing flood-damaged carpeting and building materials. Work also continues at the other locations begun last week (CSRB, 1542 Tulane and the Resource Center).
- The contractor began making the permanent repairs to the CSRB switchgear and cut the building power at approximately 1:30 PM. Power will remain off until repairs are completed.
- The Office of Facility Planning & Control and FEMA have concurred with the award recommendation for repairs to fire alarm systems in various buildings and the award of these contracts to the existing maintenance contractors is in process.