Wednesday, December 14, 2005
- The Architect Selection Board selected the architect for the design of the permanent repairs to the Dental School at their meeting on 12/13/2005.
- Governor cables are being replaced on Resource Center elevators.
- All of the refrigerators (57) have been removed from the upper floors of the main buildings at the Dental School campus.
- The replacement breaker serving the MEB cafeteria has been replaced.
- The replacement breaker serving the 7th floor of the Resource Center has been replaced.
- A replacement transformer that supplies the MRI trailer has been ordered.
- Cleaning of back offices and the lobby at the Resource Center continues. The removal of flood damaged carpet and building materials at the CSRB has been interrupted by the shut down of electrical power while the switchgear is being repaired. Removal of flood damaged carpet and ceiling tiles has begun in the Nursing/Allied Health Bldg. The removal effort continues in the basement of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The repairs to the switchgear at the CSRB are going to take longer than originally anticipated. Power may remain off until the end of the week of 12/23. The switchgear repairs will begin at the Residence Hall tomorrow and power should be off for two days. Switchgear repairs are anticipated to begin at the Nursing/Allied Health Bldg. on Monday, 12/19 and are expected to take a week to complete.
- Both gas trains for the MEB boilers have been installed, but testing revealed electrical problems that are being diagnosed at this time.