Thursday, December 15, 2005
- Work continues on permanent elevator repairs. The freight elevator at Stanislaus Hall is operating on a limited basis and work continues on the passenger elevators. Work is also continuing at the Resource Center and Lion's Eye Center.
- We received the approval to award the contract to repair/replace fire pump system components at the Nursing/Allied Health Bldg., the Residence Hall, the Resource Ctr., the CSRB, Lions Eye Center, and the MEB.
- During the repairs to the fire alarm system at Stanislaus Hall, a broken sprinkler head has been discovered that will need to be replaced.
- This afternoon FPC, FEMA, LSUHSC and the architects met to resolve outstanding questions on the environmental remediation projects at the CSRB, MEB and the Lions Eye Center. This work will help to expedite our return to the 3 primary research facilities on the downtown campus. Hopefully, this work will be bid next Wednesday.
- REMINDER: Power outages:
- The repairs to the switchgear at the CSRB are going to take longer than originally anticipated. Power may remain off until the end of the week of 12/23.
- The switchgear repairs began at the Residence Hall today, but the contractor was able to re-energize the building after doing some preliminary work. They will attempt to complete the balance of the work on weekends.
- Switchgear repairs are anticipated to begin at the Nursing/Allied Health Bldg. on Monday, 12/19 and are expected to take a week to complete.