Thursday, December 08, 2005
- The contractor responsible for removal and disposal of damaged equipment began to remove refrigerators from the 7th and 8th floors of 1542 Tulane Ave. today.
- The new emergency lights are being installed in the Lions Eye Center stairwells and hallways.
- Two upper rooms in the Lions Eye Center were found to have higher mold levels than normal. They have been sealed off to prevent the spread of mold to other spaces.
- Removal of flood damaged carpet and semi-porous building materials began in the Resource Center. The contractor expects to complete the work in that building early tomorrow and will then begin work in the CSRB.
- The re-advertisement for architects to design the Dental School permanent repair project has been placed in the newspaper by the Office of Facility Planning. Proposals are due on 12/12/05 and will be reviewed by the Architect Selection Board at their meeting on 12/13/05.