Thursday, January 26, 2006
- Elevator update:
- Schindler (MEB, Lions Eye Center, Nursing/Allied Health, Residence Hall, and Dental School Admin. & Clinic bldgs.) will have a dedicated, out of state crew on campus starting Monday.
- Stratos will have the basement doors delivered at Stanislaus Hall. (The basement doors and buffers are the only items not installed.)
- ThyssenKrupp is still waiting on the door readers for the CSRB. Delivery is projected in approximately two weeks. The four buffers removed from the CSRB and sent to be rebuilt will be shipped on Monday. A dedicated, out of town crew will be assign to the CSRB in two weeks.
- The contractor replaced the ground faults for the Emergency Light Panel and Fire Pump Panel in the MEB during the temporary power outage yesterday. The power has been restored to the building.
- The concrete pad for the fire pump at the CSRB has been poured.
- The architects/engineers responsible for the Dental School campus restoration presented a conceptual overview of an approach to address key building infrastructure issues. The approach begins to set forth both the immediate steps necessary to quickly reoccupy upper floors of the building and the longer term hazard mitigation possibilities. Small group follow up meetings are planned for early next week to refine LSUHSC's understanding of the recommendations. The conceptual hazard mitigation approaches will be presented to FEMA in the near future.