Friday, February 03, 2006
- The contractor responsible for removal of flood damaged equipment and flood damaged carpet and building materials is returning to the campus on 2/7 to address their punch list items and complete the two contracts.
- The installation of temporary, battery powered emergency lighting in stairwells and hallways of the MEB began today.
- The contractor is installing a temporary main switchgear breaker Saturday, 2/4 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the Lion's Eye Center. This will allow the damaged breaker to be sent out and rebuilt. Power to the building will be interrupted during this hour long period.
- The contractor cleaning the upper floors of the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings began working the punch list today. Completion of the contract is expected next week.
- The MEB fire pump was installed today. The pump and fire alarm panel are waiting for electrical connections to be made.
- The installation of the Residence Hall fire pump is scheduled to begin on Monday, 2/6.
- The contract for the repairs to the fire alarm system in the Nursing/Allied Health Building has been awarded.
- The contractor who will complete the environmental remediation work in the CSRB, the MEB and the Lions Eye Center was on site to prepare for the initiation of the contract work. The pre-construction meeting is scheduled with the architect, the contractor and LSUHSC representatives on Monday, 2/6 and work is expected to get underway immediately.
- The installation of the steam generators in the CSRB cage washers is underway.