Thursday, February 09, 2006
- Work on the environmental remediation of the Lion's Eye Center continued today. To minimize disruption to activities in the CSRB, the remediation crews will work in the CSRB (3rd through 7th floors) on the weekend. We can assist in facilitating the completion of the work by limiting access to CSRB spaces during the weekend.
- The architects/engineers responsible for the Dental School campus presented revisions to the plan to make temporary repairs to facilitate reoccupation of the buildings. They received the approval to pursue this version of the plan which relies on repairing or replacing critical mechanical and electrical components in the same place that they originally occupied. They also presented the latest plans for permanent repairs and related hazard mitigation, which were well received by FEMA. Further work on these plans and the development of cost estimates were encouraged.
- The contractor is trouble shooting the steam generators and the controls for the small sterilizer in the CSRB Animal Care area.
- The concrete pad supporting the old Residence Hall fire pump has been removed and the new pump installed. Electrical and plumbing connections to the new fire pump still remain to be completed.
- The elevator maintenance contractor was working on repairs to the passenger elevator at the Lion's Eye Center.