Thursday, March 2, 2006
Significantprogress! Based on the State FireMarshals approval and the environmental clearances noted below, the MEB andthe Lions/LSU Clinic Buildingwill be reopened on Monday, March 6, 2006 with the limitations noted.
- The State Fire Marshal has given us clearance to reoccupy the upper floors of the MEB with some conditions:
- We will have to maintain a manual fire watch for the time being.
- Because work remains to be done on the fire alarm panel, he has requested that we not hold any large functions or classes at this time.
- Some specific safety training will be required for those who initially reoccupy the building.
- We have also received environmental clearances to reoccupy the MEB as described below:
- The 2nd floor is cleared for use with the exception of the morgue.
- The 3rd floor is cleared for use without exception.
- The 4th floor has not been cleared for general use by faculty, staff or students. Considerable remediation work remains to be done in the MDLs and the Gross Anatomy Lab. While the work progresses rapidly, we will not be able to use this floor until the remediation has been completed and testing verifies that it can be used.
- The 5th, 6th and 7th floors have been cleared for use without exception.
- The State Fire Marshal has given us clearance to reoccupy the upper floors of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building without a manual fire watch being required.
- No special safety training will be required.
- No other exceptions to the clearance were noted.
- We have also received environmental clearances to reoccupy the upper floors of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building as described below:
- The 2nd 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th floors have been cleared for use without exception.
- A small area of the 8th floor may be questionable. Additional clarification is expected on Friday morning.
- Additional updates on progress are:
- The emergency generator repair crew removed the electric motor that generates electricity (the stator) from the Resource Center generator.
- All of the library materials have been removed from the Resource Center Library and staged on the 1st floor for shipment, subsequent cleaning and temporary storage.