Wednesday, March 29, 2006
- The hot and cold domestic water pumps in the CSRB have been installed; electricity has been connected and they are fully operational. This means that water for flushing toilets and washing hands is now available on every occupied floor in the building.
- Seven new pumps serving various purposes were also delivered to the downtown campus today. Installation of these pumps will now begin.
- The environmental remediation contractor is working on the 1st floor of the Nursing/Allied Health Building removing sheet rock and other flood damaged building materials. Cleaning continues in the basement of Stanislaus Hall.
- The contract to complete the 1st phase of temporary repairs to the Dental School Clinic and Administration Buildings building systems has been awarded. The bonds are being secured by the contractor and we anticipate issuing the Notice To Proceed shortly.
- The pre-bid conference on the 3rd environmental remediation contract will be held tomorrow. This contract will address 1542 Tulane Ave. and the remaining buildings and structures on the downtown campus.
- Full Internet access has been restored to the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th floors of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building. This was accomplished in large part through the efforts of the School of Medicines PC Support team, as they worked to get all of the computers updated to insure that the LSUHSC network is protected.