Wednesday, April 19, 2006
- There are a few fire alarm system devices that need to be replaced on the 5th and 10th floors of the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the contractor is securing these now. We still anticipate receiving approval from the State Fire Marshal to reoccupy the building as scheduled.
- The new emergency telephones are being installed in the MEB elevators. When completed, the State Elevator Inspector can complete his inspection and certify them for use.
- Environmental Remediation:
- The cleaning of the HVAC system is finished at the Residence Hall. LSUHSC personnel are installing new filters and testing each fan.
- The contractor is removing glue from the 1st floor slab in the Resource Center where floor tiles were removed.
- The final cleaning is being done in Stanislaus Hall.
- The more extensive work of removing drywall, etc. on the 1st floor of the Nursing/Allied Health Building is still in progress.
- The contractor will be cleaning elevator pits this weekend.
- The contractor expects work under the contract to be 100 percent complete next week.