Thursday, April 20, 2006
- The carpeting contractor will receive the scaffolding needed to work on the staircase in the Resource Center Library tomorrow. The final shipment of carpeting is expected to be delivered by the end of next week. Installation work continued on the 3rd floor.
- The environmental remediation subcontractor is laying the new floor tile in the Residence Hall B tower on Floors 7 and 10.
- In the Nursing/Allied Health Building the remediation contractor is removing the temporary barriers and mopping their way out of building today. They will need to get into the security room to complete their cleaning when the fire alarm contractor has completed his work in that space. The remediation in this building is substantially complete.
- The environmental remediation contractor is removing the pipe insulation in the Stanislaus Hall pump room today and will be finished tomorrow.
- The sump pumps (4) in Stanislaus Hall need to have the sumps cleaned out before they can be energized. LSUHSC personnel will be taking care of this on Friday.
- The domestic water pump in Stanislaus Hall needs a new disconnect. The part arrived today and it will be installed tomorrow.
- The elevator contractor has completed the repairs of the A and C Tower elevators in the Residence Hall, except for the final repairs to the buffers. They are now focusing on the B Tower elevator. The contractor plans to work this weekend while the remediation contractor cleans the elevator pits.
- Some problems have been found in the newly installed telephone lines serving the MEB elevators. They are still troubleshooting the problems in the lines.