Monday, May 01, 2006
Two additionalbuildings have been approved for immediate occupancy.
- The State Fire Marshal completed his inspection of the Nursing/Allied Health Building today. They granted a conditional permit for temporary (30 day) occupancy of the buildings. A number of deficiencies were identified which will be resolved over the balance of the month.
- Safety will be a major concern of the State Fire Marshal. We expect special emphasis on evacuation plans and fire drills to make certain that all are knowledgeable of evacuation and exit routes.
- We have very limited building maintenance and custodian staff. The understanding, patience and support of all faculty, staff and students of these realities is appreciated.
- Repairs to building elevators have not been completed at this time, and they are not certified for passenger use. We hope that these repairs will be completed within the next two weeks.
- The contractor has made sufficient repairs to the freight elevator to allow it to be used to move equipment and materials that may have been removed to facilitate the operation of our Schools in temporary locations.
- The State Fire Marshal also completed his inspection of Stanislaus Hall today. A conditional permit for temporary (30 day) occupancy of the building was granted. Occupancy will be delayed another 7 - 10 days to allow some of the corrections to be made.
- Stanislaus Hall now has proper chilled water temperature to support the buildings air conditioning, including elevator equipment room air conditioning. This should alleviate the intermittent elevator problems that have been experienced over the past few weeks.
- The contractor worked over the weekend installing tile in the Residence Hall.
- The contractor at the Dental School has begun the environmental remediation demolition on first floor and basement of both the Clinic and Administration Buildings.
- Carpet installation in the Resource Center continues. We estimate that the 3rd floor is approximately 90% complete, while the 5th floor is 40% complete.
- The contractor working on the improvements to the parking lots began work on Student Lot #2 today.