Wednesday, May 24, 2006
- The new refrigerators have been moved into the rooms in the Residence Hall; Towers A and B and a portion of the rooms in Tower C. The final cleaning of the rooms and public spaces continues in all three of the towers. We are still projecting to be able to open the building by our target date of Friday, May 26th.
- It was necessary to delay the scheduled inspection of the Resource Center by the State Fire Marshal until early next week. A firm date for the inspection will be established shortly.
- The State Elevator Inspector tested and certified 3 elevators in the Nursing/Allied Health Building today # 3, 4 & 5. The Inspector will return tomorrow to test Elevator #2. With this testing completed, we expect to have four certified elevators in the Nursing/Allied Health Building by the end of the day tomorrow. The freight elevator is still being repaired and will not ready for testing and certification until mid-June.
- The bids for the temporary repairs to the electrical system at 1542 Tulane have been received and evaluated. Recommendations to award the contract to the low bidder have been made by both the architect and LSUHSC and forwarded to the Office of Facility Planning and Control for their concurrence.
- The contract for the permanent repairs to the MEB Lecture Rooms, the Gross Anatomy Lab, the Morgue and the MDLs has been awarded. The preconstruction meeting has been scheduled for the beginning of next week and work on the contract should commence shortly thereafter.