Friday, May 26, 2006
- Due to the recent disruption in power in the Clinical Sciences Research Building (CSRB), we are planning two 12 hour air conditioning outages for the Perdido Street side of the CSRB building while we replace the electrical feeder for this circuit. Additionally, all building exhaust systems will be inoperative during this period. These shutdowns will take place Saturday, May 20, 2006 and Saturday, May 27, 2006 from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Testing has shown that these CSRB feeders, which run from the switchgear to panels that feed electricity to critical functions, have sustained damage due to Hurricane Katrina.
- The Residence Hall opened today as scheduled and students began moving into their rooms. The contractor is working the punch list items; reinstalling closet doors, completing tiling in selected areas, etc.
- Facility Services is now located in their permanent offices on the 2nd floor of MEB, Suite 2110. The work order system is up and running and can be accessed through the LSUHSC website. Only the Downtown Campus work order section is attended. The phone number is the same, 568-7716.
- The re-shelving of the collection in the Resource Center Library is nearing completion.
- The exhaust fans powering the fume hoods in the MEB are now working. The Safety Department has begun to certify the hoods in the building.
- The vacuum pumps have been delivered to the MEB and the installation will begin shortly.
- The enhancements to the Seminar Rooms in the MEB continue. The improved lighting has been installed and new ceiling tiles have been installed. Wireless network access is being installed.