Thursday, June 01, 2006
- The repairs to the damaged electrical feeders at the CSRB will continue on Friday evening and over the weekend. A mass email has been sent that details the specifics of scheduled power outages.
- The environmental remediation contactor has completed the work on the 8th floor of 1542 Tulane Ave. Work continues in the basement and on the 7th floor. Work should begin on the 6th floor shortly.
- The contractor making repairs to the two large MEB Lecture Rooms began running new conduit for the additional electrical service and network wiring that is being provided to individual seats.
- Temporary repairs to the Dental School continue. The temporary, portable boiler that will supply domestic hot water to the Clinic and Administration buildings has been delivered. The installation will begin in the near future.
- Additional concrete bumpers ordered as part of the improvements being made to Student parking lots were delivered. Approximately half of the quantity ordered were received and will now be installed.
- One of the exhaust fans on the roof of the Resource Center has been determined to be inoperable. A plan for the repair or replacement is being developed.
- Occupants at the Lions/LSU Clinic reported low water pressure on the 8th and 9th floors of the building. An assessment of the building systems led to the conclusion that the problem is probably related to a city water leak. The problem has been reported to the Sewerage & Water Board.