Tuesday, June 13, 2006
- The testing of the emergency generators at the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the MEB will take place on Wednesday, June 14, from 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm. During the test, each building will be without normal power for approximately fifteen minutes. We will be testing the first floor and roof mounted generator at the MEB and the single emergency generator at the Nursing/Allied Health Building.
- The emergency generator testing at the Residence Hall will take place on Friday, June 16, from 11:00 am until 12:00 noon. There are two emergency generators to be tested, so the building will be without power for two separate 15 minute periods during the hour that the tests are scheduled.
- Temporary repairs to the Dental School Clinic and Administration Building continue.
- The riser pipes for the building sprinkler systems are connected and repaired.
- The heating hot water pumps are connected. The contractor is waiting on heat exchanger to be delivered.
- The fire pump has been installed and it will be tested in the near future.
- One of the two domestic water pumps in the Nursing/Allied Health Building has been connected. Both sets of the related shut-off valves have been replaced, so the installation of the 2nd pump should not cause an interruption to the buildings water supply.
- The environmental remediation contractor continues the cleaning on the 4th and 5th floors at 1542 Tulane. They are also cleaning at the Central Utility Plant.
- The contractor continues the installation of new sheetrock in the MEBs Lecture Room A.
- The carpeting contractor is working the punch list items in the 3rd floor Seminar Rooms at the MEB. All of the chairs have been moved back into the rooms.