Friday, June 02, 2006
- All of the temporary building switch gear is in place and assembled in the Dental School basement. The installation of the temporary electrical feeders to the switchgear is now underway. This switch gear will supply temporary power to both the Clinic and Administration buildings when the work is completed.
- The environmental remediation contractor is progressing well on the 3rd remediation contract:
- At 1542 Tulane, work is complete on the 8th floor.
- The contractor now has crews working on both the 7th and 6th floors and the mechanical rooms on the 7th, 6th and 5th floors. (Access to the building is currently restricted to Floors 2 through 4 at this time.)
- The required cleaning at the District Energy Garage is in progress. The ramps in the garage were completed today.
- The scheduled outage of building air conditioning at the CSRB has begun as planned. This will allow for the replacement of the air conditioning electrical feeder. Additional outages are scheduled throughout the weekend. The text of John Balls mass email dated 6/1/06 is provided below and contains the specific plans for this weekend:
- Due to the recent disruption in power in the Clinical Sciences Research Building (CSRB), we are planning the following outages for this weekend.
- Air conditioning and exhaust for Friday from 5 PM to 11 PM.
- Total power outage for the Perdido side of CSRB for Saturday from 7 AM to 8 AM and again from 6 PM to 7 PM.
- Air conditioning and exhaust for Saturday from 8 AM to 7 PM.
- Air conditioning and exhaust on Sunday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Finally, around midday Sunday, we will have a one hour total power outage for the Perdido side of CSRB to do final connections.
- This will complete work on this first feeder requiring replacement at the CSRB. Two additional feeder replacements will follow before we complete work on the CSRB.
- Testing has shown that these CSRB feeders, which run from the switchgear to panels that feed electricity to critical functions, have sustained damage due to Hurricane Katrina.
- LSUHSC Purchasing has located a source for the replacement exhaust fan needed for the Resource Center. The specifications (capacity, accurate sizing, etc.) are being finalized and we expect to issue a purchase order for the fan on Monday.