Thursday, July 06, 2006
- Dental School recovery work. The two contractors are continuing to accomplish a great deal of work and most of the major objectives have been completed:
- The emergency generator is in place.
- The new, temporary fire walls that have been built on the 1st floor have been painted.
- The fan coil air units have been installed and are being piped.
- The elevator pits have been pumped out and are being accessed by the elevator repair contractor.
- The environmental remediation contractor received clearance for the entire basement at 1542 Tulane following the completion of the asbestos abatement work. They are now completing the other remediation & cleaning work in the basement, including the demolition of flood damaged walls.
- The replacement doors and hardware for the two large lecture rooms in the MEB have been delivered. Installation should begin soon.
- A new exhaust fan has been purchased and installed on the roof of the Resource Center.
- On Friday, July 7th, we will be testing the automatic transfer switches for the elevators at the MEB, CSRB and the AH/Nursing building. This will entail retesting the emergency generators at each of these buildings. The schedule is as follows:
- Medical Education Building 5:30 PM
- Allied Health / Nursing Bldg. 6:30 PM
- Clinical Sciences Research Bldg. 7:30 PM
- The test will affect operation of the elevators in the MEB, CSRB, and Nursing/Allied Health. In addition, lights and power may go out for a short time - 15 minutes intervals or less.