Tuesday, August 01, 2006
- Progress at the Dental School continues.
- The contractor is insulating the pipes for the temporary chiller.
- Additional piping is being run in the basement to connect the chiller to the buildings air handling units.
- The stud walls for the new switch gear (required by code) have been completed.
- The installation of the building fire pumps has been finished.
- The elevator contractor has been able to get temporary repairs made to three of the elevators. These repairs are not sufficient to get the elevators certified for use, but they will allow the contractor to operate selected elevators occasionally when critical needs are present. Normal access to the upper floors by faculty and staff will continue to be via the stairwells.
- Approximately 40% of the new table tops for Lecture Room A in the MEB were delivered today. 12 of the table tops were damaged in shipment. The installation hardware for the table tops has not been delivered.
- In Lecture Room B, the errors discovered during testing of the new network connections to the table tops have been corrected.
- The installation of the remaining acoustic wallpaper and trim in Lecture Room B has been completed.
- A portion of the new casework for the Morgue, the Gross and Swing Labs arrived today. Installation will begin shortly.
- The temporary building repairs at 1542 Tulane Ave. continue.
- The contractor is dismantling the old switch gear so that it can be removed.
- One of the temporary sump pumps (installed by LSUHSC after the disaster to control ground water intrusion in the basement) burned out. This slowed the contractor, as approximately 6 inches of water had built up in the basement after the recent rains.
- The sump pump will be replaced by LSUHSC Facilities staff. Temporary power will be provided that will allow the temporary sump pumps to operate 24 hours a day.