Thursday, August 17, 2006
- NOTICE: The contractor working on 1542 Tulane Avenue will need to set up cranes in the Lakeside Lot beginning early Monday morning, August 21st. The lot will be closed Monday and Tuesday, August 21st and 22nd. No vehicles will be allowed in the lot during this process and all vehicles must be removed prior to 5:00 AM Monday, August 21st.
- The contractors working at the Dental School continue to complete various tasks.
- Temporary electrical power has been restored to basement.
- The installation of pipe insulation for the ice water system is complete.
- The connection of the wet-vac piping to the building plumbing system is complete. A light fixture that impeded the connection has been relocated. The wet-vac system electrical controls still need to be connected to building power.
- The hot water system has been connected to the expansion tank.
- All of the water piping (including steam lines) in the mechanical room of the Clinic Building basement has been insulated. The pipes must still be properly labeled.
- The removal and destruction of flood damaged medical records that have been held in the Administration buildings basement has begun.
- The insulation of the water pipes in the Administration building basement is underway and is progressing toward completion. The pipes will still require proper labeling.
- The original building switchgear has been completely dismantled and removed.
- Natural gas piping is 90% complete and the medical gas piping (NO2, O2, etc.) is progressing well.
- The elevator contractor working at the Dental School has also made good progress.
- Elevator car #3 in the Clinic building has been completely removed.
- Elevator doors #1, #2, & #4 have been completely removed in the Clinic basement. The contractor is awaiting the arrival of the replacement doors.
- Elevator travel cables for the elevators in the Clinic building have arrived and are staged onsite.
- Elevator buffers and travel cables for the elevators in the Administration building are also onsite.
- The contractor at 1542 Tulane is continuing their demolition and is running new cables. The feeders were run to Panels PLL4 and PLL1.
- The 13.8KV switchgear will not arrive until Monday, 8/21. A crane has been ordered and will be arrive on site next Monday as well. It will be used to lower the switchgear into the basement and lift old parts and debris out.
- The bids for the contract to enhance the Student Parking Lot Parking lighting are being reviewed for compliance with the specifications. As soon as the lowest responsible bidder can be identified, the award of the contract will proceed.