Friday, August 04, 2006
- NOTICE: The domestic hot and cold water for the entire MEB needs to be shut down from 5:30 PM to 12:00 AM this evening (Friday, August 4th) to replace several leaking shut-off valves. This outage only affects the domestic water in the building both hot and cold water. This means that there will be no water at any sinks, showers or toilets in the entire MEB while the water is off. Walk-in coolers will be checked to make sure that they stay on line the entire time.
- The new casework that will be installed in the Morgue, the Gross Anatomy and Swing Labs is now scheduled to arrive next Tuesday, 8/8. Installation will begin immediately upon receipt of the casework.
- The contractor making repairs to the pumps at the Central Utility Plant has received approval on the parts that he intends to order. The rebuilding process and the ordering of parts will begin next week.
- In Lecture Room A at the MEB, the holes for the table top data and power connection spheres are being drilled and the table tops are being installed.
- In Lecture Room B, the remaining data and power connections are being wired on the replacement table tops.
- The contractor is running the hot water lines to the supply on the new air handling unit in the MEB.
- The medical vacuum system in the MEB is operating; however the repaired system has leaks. The plumbers are searching for the leaks in the labs.
- At 1542 Tulane Ave. approximately half of the building pumps have been removed and are in the shop being rebuilt. The other half will follow shortly. The pumps include sump pumps, city water pumps, chill water pumps, and heating water pumps from the basement.