Thursday, September 21, 2006
- Updates on progress at the Dental School follow:
- The concrete block wall at the dock is 75% complete.
- The Soft Water System could not be started today. We believe that this may be due to faulty wiring. The contractor is investigating the situation to determine the cause and effect repairs as needed.
- Testing of the Medical Gas System is scheduled for Friday, September 22, 2006.
- The contractor continues to identify and label new piping in the basement.
- The sinks for room 6314B have been reinstalled.
- The gas line for the incinerator has been purged of the water and moisture. The incinerator is being scheduled for start-up/testing.
- Repairs at 1542 Tulane Ave. are continuing.
- The contractor has finished wiring the fire pump and the jockey pump along with their controllers.
- The exhaust fan has not been installed yet because it was delivered with the wrong louvers. The correct louvers are on order.
- The contractor has begun removing some of the old unused and loose hanging wires from the basement. They are also waiting for directions on how to wire the two booster pumps.
- One of the sub-contractors assembled the two mobile emergency gasoline pumps today.
- The installation of the closet doors continued at the Residence Hall in all three towers.
- At the Central Utility Plant, the VFD, the two filters and the re-built motor were all delivered this morning. They have been set in place.
- The contractor reports that the start up crew is scheduled to be on site on Thursday, September 28th.