Friday, September 29, 2006
- The elevator contractor at the Dental School has begun changing the cables on Elevator #3 in the Clinic Building .
- The incinerator manufacturer has discovered a broken gas regulator on the Dental School incinerator which must be replaced before the incinerator can be started up and tested.
- The repairs to the block walls in the basement at the Dental School continue. The contractor plans to work through the weekend and complete the repairs to the wall at the morgue and chemical storage room.
- The minor leaks discovered in the Dental School â€™s Soft Water System have been repaired and the system has been pressurized.
- The emergency chiller has been repaired and is back in service. Cooling is again being provided to the Clinic and Administration Buildings at the Dental School .
- The contractor at 1542 Tulane has been asked to provide a proposal to have the natural gas lines piping in the basement tested for leaks. Resolving the potential of a gas leak is essential before the building can be re-energized and the temporary repairs to the electrical system tested.
- Holes have been drilled from the new VFD to the filters at the Central Utility Plant. The electrical cables have been pulled to connect the equipment to the building power.