Thursday, November 16, 2006
- The manufacturer of the Dental School (temporary) chillers attempted to start up the chillers today. Neither would start and the technician spent a considerable amount of time checking the electrical wiring because both chillers seem to have the same problem.
- Two parts (one for each chiller) have been ordered. One should be delivered on Monday, and the other should arrive later in the week.
- Loop pump #1 was aligned today and is now within tolerances.
- Condenser water Pump #2 has bad packing and leaks. Repairs will be made as required.
- The project to install new lighting in the Student Parking Lots continued.
- In Student Lot #2, the new electrical panel was installed. Work also continued to install the steel reinforcement â€œcagesâ€ and the concrete forms around each of the timber pilings in preparation for pouring the concrete light pole bases this weekend.
- In Student Lot #3, the area around the entrance/exit was cleaned up. All holes in the entire lot have been backfilled. The new light poles are scheduled to be installed on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
- At 1542 Tulane Ave. , the mechanical sub-contractor is still repairing pipe leaks and replacing nipples in the basement.
- The contractor is cleaning out the vault under the Lakeside lot to make space for a future electrical riser.
- The emergency generator automatic transfer switch at Stanislaus Hall was repaired and successfully tested today. It is ready for inspection by the State Fire Marshall.