Monday, November 20, 2006
- Work at the Dental School continued today. The manufacturers representative continued to prepare the temporary chillers to be started up. A critical part is scheduled to arrive at approximately 10:00 AM tomorrow.
- A sub-contractor is replacing the missing or bad thermostats and actuators in the Administration Building.
- The contractor is working to close or block all the outside air louvers.
- DH Technologies delivered 3 truck loads of special dehumidification equipment that will be used to drop the humidity in the buildings to 35%. This will rapidly dry out the interior of the buildings and interrupt any further mold growth. They will have an electrician on site to hook them up to building power.
- At Student Parking Lot #2, concrete for the new light pole bases was not available during the weekend and is not currently projected to be available until Friday, 11/24.
- The contractor is using this time to complete the preparation of the concrete forms.
- At Student Parking Lot #3, the new light poles have been installed on all of the new concrete bases.
- Fixtures will not arrive on site until next Monday.
- The mechanical sub-contractor at 1542 Tulane Ave. continues to remove the old, abandoned pipes in the basement and repairing any leaks that are discovered.
- There is a leak in the chilled water line in the first floor pipe chase. The sub-contractor will work on repairing this leak in the morning.
- The contractor is removing an old electrical panel out of the 1542 Tulane Ave. basement in order to install a new transformer as an additional power source for the building.