Wednesday, November 22, 2006
- The parts that were required to allow the manufacturer to start up the Dental School chillers arrived today. However, the manufacturer did not complete the repairs nor were they able to start up the chillers before the end of the day.
- None of the Dental School contractors plan to be working over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- As of today, the LSUHSC Facility Services staff members have begun to man and monitor the Dental School power plant 24 hours per day.
- There was no additional work done at Student Parking Lot #2 today. All the work has already been completed in preparation for the concrete light pole bases to be poured next week.
- At Student Parking Lot #3, the contractor continued compacting the trenches and cleaning up the construction debris.
- REMINDER: This lot will be unavailable from 6:00 PM on Friday, 11/24 until 3:00 AM on Monday, 11/27. During this period, the lot will be used by personnel working at the Bayou Classic in the Superdome.
- Work continued at 1542 Tulane Ave. as the contractor spent the day tracing the electrical circuits that provide power for the arm gate at the parking lot entrance.
- The engineer from the design team was also on site tracing electrical circuits inside the building. His focus today was on power running to the Tulane Ave. side of the building. This work is required because we have none of the as built drawings for the original structure or the additions that were completed at later dates.