Friday, November 03, 2006
- The contractor at 1542 Tulane continued to remove the abandoned conduit and electrical wiring from the basement.
- They are still waiting for additional cable needed to connect building power to a set of elevators that are to be repaired.
- A brine tank (part of the water softening system) remains in the basement and still has flood water in it.
- The mechanical sub-contractor at the Dental School attempted to power up the air handling units on the 1st floor and found that they were not operating. The units will be examined to determine what repairs may be needed.
- The sub-contractorâ€™s machine shop is working on modifying one of the remote zone dampers to see if they can be made to fit and operate properly.
- Cingular visited the Dental School to determine what will be required to remove their cellular equipment from the roof of the Dental School, since AT&T has decided not to restore the site.
- During a walk through of the Dental School, a leak was discovered in the sprinkler system on the 2nd floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor removed a bad gauge which was the source of the leak, but they are not licensed to complete the repair. Another sub-contractor has been contacted to replace the gauge.
- Work on the new lighting for the Student Parking Lots on the downtown campus continued today.
- At Parking Lot # 2, approximately half of the trench on the Bolivar St. side of the lot has been dug. All of the conduit has been run on the Bertrand St. side of the lot.
- The holes around the pilings for the concrete light pole bases have been dug out to the correct diameter and depth. Reinforcement steel ready to be installed.
- The new circuit panel being installed.
- At Parking Lot #3, the holes around the pilings for the concrete bases have been dug out to the correct diameter and depth. Reinforcement steel ready to be installed.
- Concrete for the new light pole bases is scheduled to be poured during the week of November 6, weather permitting.