- The atrium on the 3rd floor of the MEB is undergoing an exciting renovation. Within a few weeks, we hope to produce a welcoming and comfortable multi-function space where students can gather to study, socialize, and eat. The atrium will be divided into 2 main areas. At the entry will be a spacious lounge area with contemporary sectional sofas, plush club chairs, and occasional tables. Beyond the lounge will be an updated eating area with ample seating at cafÃ©-style tables. The space will also offer wireless technology, untethering laptops from the perimeter of the room. We expect that the project will take approximately 30 days to complete.
- The old ceiling tiles have been removed.
- All of the HVAC duct work has been raised. New connections are being made.
- All of the grilles and flex connections were removed today.
- All of the concrete floor demolition is complete.
- Most of the old ceramic tile has been removed. There is a small amount left on the ramps that lead into the MEB.
- The deionized water line to Allied Health has been relocated.
- All return grilles and supply grilles were removed from the 3rd floor hallways today.
- The ceiling grid was completely removed from the hallways.
- The 1542 Tulane contractor continues to run conduit for the emergency generator in lakeside lot. The mechanical sub-contractor has received okay to repair leaks and snake out the drain in the basement.