Wednesday, January 10, 2007
- The temporary dehumidification units that have been operating at the Dental School were shut down today at the request of LSUHSC. This will allow the LSUHSC Facility Services staff to assess the capability of the new temporary chillers and the repaired building systems to maintain an acceptable humidity level in the buildings prior to instructing the contractor to remove the dehumidification equipment.
- LSUHSC Safety and Veolia Environmental continued the removal of chemicals from the 1st floor of the Dental Clinic Building. The process should be completed tomorrow.
- The Dental School elevator contractor continued to work on repairs to the building elevators.
- At 1542 Tulane Ave. , the contractor is continuing to remove the abandoned, flood damaged conduit and the installation of the replacement lighting conduits in the basement.
- Work on the enhancement project in the MEB atrium and the 3rd floor hallways is continuing.
- The completion of the work in the 3rd floor corridors is waiting for the delivery of the remaining new light fixtures.
- The installation of drywall on the atrium fur downs and walls is continuing.
- The contractor is also installing additional angle iron bracing on the ceiling beams to provide support for the fur downs.