Friday, January 19, 2007
- NOTICE: We have scheduled a domestic water outage at the Residence Hall for January 25th, starting at 9:00 AM and lasting until approximately 4:00 PM. This outage is occurring so that a number of leaky valves and pipes can be fixed. During the outage please do not attempt to use any faucets or toilets in the building. This will prevent problems from occurring once the water is turned back on.
- The 1542 Tulane Ave. contractor continued the installation of the transfer switches for the emergency generators in the basement.
- The mechanical subcontractor found two drain lines capped off. These were apparently damaged by the clean-up contractor and then capped. When the lines were traced out, they were found to be serving two sinks on the 3rd floor. These drains will need to be replaced.
- The Dental School contractor started disconnecting the transformer that had been serving the temporary chiller outside the Power House.
- They also moved some material up to the 5th floor for the telecommunications project.
- The elevator contractor continued to make progress with the installation of the new doors on the 1st floor elevators in the Dental Clinic Building .
- The installation of the new lights for the MEB 3rd floor corridors began today.
- The ceiling grid over the vending machines in the MEB atrium has been installed.
- The painters added another skim coat to the drywall installed on the fur-downs.