Monday, January 22, 2007
- Daily tests of the interior air at the Dental School during the previous week demonstrated that the humidity levels are sufficiently well controlled to allow the temporary dehumidification units to be removed from the buildings.
- The contractor began disconnecting the power lines supplying power to the units.
- Demolition of the ceiling of the 1st floor lobby in the Dental School Clinic Building has begun.
- An additional inspection of the Dental School boilers was conducted today to prepare for the site visit by FEMA which is scheduled to occur on Wednesday.
- The 1542 Tulane contractor continued working to pull electrical wire for lighting in the basement and to install the transfer switches and an additional transformer.
- The mechanical subcontractor working at 1542 Tulane Ave. is removing the old pipes from the damaged sump pumps in preparation for the installation of the new pumps.
- The elevator contractor is removing old parts from elevator penthouse.
- The insulation subcontractor began insulating the chilled water pipes in the 1542 Tulane Ave. basement.