Friday, February 02, 2007
- Work has continued on the project to make enhancements to the MEB atrium.
- The fur downs and drywall have been installed over the space that had been blocked off to afford protected access through the atrium during the earlier construction.
- All of the drywall has been taped and floated. The final sanding is being completed and painting will begin next week.
- Construction of a knee wall along the elevated potion of flooring will be constructed next week.
- The State Fire Marshal has reviewed the placement of sprinklers and we anticipate receiving his written report shortly.
- New light fixtures are on order and should be received on or about 2/12/07 and installation would begin shortly thereafter.
- The installation of the flooring is expected to begin on 2/12/07.
- The Dental School elevator contractor is removing all of the old elevator equipment from the Administration Building Penthouse.
- The ceiling in the Dental Admin Building has been removed. The will return on Monday to clean and pressure wash the front and parking lot areas.
- The installation of the conduit for the Dental School telecommunications project continues.
- The contractor is assembling the new motor control center in preparation for its installation in the Power Plant.
- The 1542 Tulane Ave. contractor continues to run conduit for lighting in the basement and they are completing the tie in of the transformer and transfer switches.
- Jefferson Sprinklers will work on Saturday to repair some sprinkler heads and piping.
- The mechanical subcontractor continues to clean out the sumps in the basement.
- The process of insulating the chilled water pipes also continues.