Monday, May 14, 2007
Dental School :
- Zimmer has completed the first floor duct cleaning and they are moving equipment to start on the second floor.
- Over the weekend they cleaned three of the stairwells, and they completed their work in the north stairwell by the close of business today.
- The remediation cleaning of the first floor of the Clinic Building was completed over the weekend.
- NOTE: When Zimmer has completed their duct cleaning or their remediation cleaning of an area, an independent environmental consultant must inspect the spaces and test a variety of samples to verify that the cleaning has been thorough and that the spaces are suitable for occupancy. The requirement for some re-cleaning is common.
- No clearances have been received for any of the spaces where duct cleaning or remediation has been finished.
- Demolition work continues in Auditoriums A and B.
- Boe-Tel has a crew working on the 6th and 7th floors installing the cable trays and a separate crew on the 3rd and 4th floors installing conduit.
- C&R Network continues pulling network cable on the 3rd and 4th floors.
- Frischhertz has pulled new wire into the Automatic Transfer Switch and over to each disconnect for the three elevator controllers. This will allow the elevators to be powered by the emergency generator should a loss of building power occur.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Ordes Electrical started installing new breaker panels in the engine room for Floors 1 through 7.
- Stratos Elevators is installing communications cable for Elevator #3.
- Arc Mechanical started installing a new heat exchanger in the basement.
- Completing the demolition and building the construction walls have been the main focus for the past 3 days.
- The Air Handling Unit has been removed, as has the portion of the ducting that will not being reused in the new design.
- All of the ceiling demolition had been completed, including the removal of the old lights.