Thursday, June 28, 2007
Dental School :
- The ceiling tile and grid installation continues to progress.
- Work is substantially complete on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Clinic Building.
- A significant portion of the work has been completed on the 4th, 5th and 6th floors.
- The work is well underway on the 7th and 8th floors in the Clinic Building and on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building .
- All of the remaining area clearance test results have come back and all of the floors in both buildings are now cleared.
- The HVAC duct samples from the 5th, 6th and 7th floors of the Clinic and from the 2nd floor of the Administration Building are expected tomorrow.
- The construction of the new network/telecom closets on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Administration Building has begun.
- All of the cable terminations have been finished on the 2nd floor of the Clinic Building and workers have moved to the 3rd floor.
- All of the new racks and plywood back planes have been installed in the new closets on the 2nd through the 7th floors of the Clinic Building .
- Arc Mechanical is replacing the valve actuators on the chilled water pipe runs.
- Additional parts and materials were delivered to Stratos Elevator for work on Elevator #2.
- The planting in the memorial bench area has been completed and mulch is being laid in beds where the planting is complete.
- The edging was installed along the large bed on the Gravier St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- The 2nd and final layer of asphalt has been laid over Student Lot #3.
- The initial grading of Student Lot #2 is substantially complete and the new fill material is being graded and rolled.
- The new furniture (tables, chairs, etc.) has been delivered to the MEB Atrium.
- The installers were working throughout the day on unpacking and assembling furniture pieces.
- The majority of the ceiling grid has been installed.
- All of the new terrazzo floor material has been poured and has dried. One of the last steps will be to grind and polish the terrazzo.