Monday, July 16, 2007
Dental School :
- The installation of the ceiling tile on the 8th floor of the Clinic Building is nearly complete.
- The ceiling grid is being installed on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
- The lights are being installed in the new grid on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building.
- Cleanup crews are working on the 4th floor through the 7th floor of the Clinic building.
- The handrails and doors in Stairwell A are currently being painted.
- All of the walls for the Central Sterilization unit have been framed and the drywall is being installed.
- The plumbing and HVAC installation is nearing completion.
- Boe-Tel needs to reposition several cable trays in the Administration 2nd and 3rd floors to accommodate the installation of the lights in the ceiling grid.
- Zimmer continues to demolish old network/telecom closets and to construct new closets throughout the two buildings.
- Network cable terminations continue in the Administration Building.
- The testing of the newly connected cables continues in the Clinic Building.
- The clean up of the Dental School campus grounds continues as additional debris is being removed.
- The cooling tower installation continues as the contractor prepares for connections to be made to existing equipment.
- The process of making these connections is scheduled to begin Friday afternoon.
- Conduit and power cable continues to be run for the parking lot lights.
- The re-bricking of the incinerator will begin this week.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos continues to work on Elevator #2; changing the door track and hardware.
- Arc Mechanical is fabricating pipe to connect the new water heaters to the building.
- Ordes is running temporary string lights in preparation of the building power outage planned for Wednesday and Thursday.
- The outage is required to make the connections to the final piece of switch gear located on the 4th floor.
- The sidewalks located along Bolivar St. and Perdido St. beside Student Lot #2 have been poured.