July 23, 2007
Dental School :
- Landis has begun their clean up of the 5th and 6th floors in the Clinic Building, as the ceiling work has been completed.
- The ceiling installation is substantially complete on the 8th floor. All that remains is the relocation of some sprinkler heads to accommodate the new ceiling design.
- The ceiling tile is being installed in the Library.
- The paining of the stairwell is continuing.
- Network cables are being terminated throughout the Administration Building.
- The final build-out of the new network/telecom closets is taking place in the Clinic Building .
- The removal of the flood damaged fire brick from the incinerator is nearly complete.
- The final connections were made to the new cooling tower over the weekend and the change over to the new unit was successfully completed.
- The demolition of the old cooling tower will occur over the next week.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Bell Roofing successfully removed the shed and patched the foundation on the 9th floor roof.
- Ordes is pulling new wiring and is working on the junction box connections between the new high-voltage switchgear in the basement and the 4th floor switchgear.
- Stratos Elevator is moving elevator equipment to the penthouse of Elevators #7 and #8.
- Siemens is on site removing the damaged fire alarm wiring and conduit it the basement.
- Irrigation pipe was installed on the Bolivar St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building under the overhang where the gravel was removed.
- Crews started trenching on the S. Roman St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building and the MEB for the installation of irrigation piping.
1st Floor Vivarium:
- On Saturday Arc Mechanical completed the process of extending the piping in preparation for elevating the Animal Care chiller.