Monday, July 30, 2007
Dental School :
- Landis is working on the punch list items provided by the architects for the ceiling grid and ceiling tile installation project.
- Demolition continues on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building in preparation for the construction of the temporary work spaces.
- Temporary lighting is being installed.
- The door frames and sheetrock are being installed in the new Central Sterilization space.
- Boe-Tel has completed the installation and testing of the network cables throughout the Clinic and Administration Buildings and they are working on the punch list items.
- Carpet is being installed on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building .
- Area samples taken in Auditorium A & B failed and both areas are being re-cleaned and will be re-sampled.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos received the door operators, door hardware, and the door tracks for Elevators #7 and # 8 (the Tulane side elevators).
- They are continuing to work on the repairs to the Elevator #2 cab.
- Ordes completed the swap out of the 480V transformer with the proper 280V transformer and has re-energized the transformer.
- This transformer provides power for the panels PLL6 and 7 which powers the lights in the old section of the building near the Entergy Garage.
- The missing fuse along with spares for the 4th floor riser switch gear are on order. This will provide power for the upper floors on the Tulane side of the Bldg.
- Student Lot #2 was re-opened for use today.
- The sprinkler system has been installed and passed the pressure test.
- The first of the new lighting circuits were energized.
- Sheetrock installation for the ceiling in progress.
- One of the initiatives to enhance the security of the campus is to improve on the exterior lighting. A project is underway to replace all of the old lights in the Roman St. Garage with new lights that are both brighter and more energy efficient.
- The result will be brighter light throughout the parking garage, without any increase in energy consumption.
- Lights have been replaced on the majority of the 5th and 6th floors of the garage, as the crew began working at the top of the structure and are working their way down.