Monday, August 13, 2007
Dental School :
- All of the old ductwork was completely removed from the 1st floor of the Clinic Building over the weekend and new ductwork is now being installed.
- Temporary lighting continues to be installed in the construction areas.
- The dry wall installation in area three is nearing completion.
- Chilled water and electric lines were run to both of the temporary air handling units located in areas 1 & 2.
- The ceiling grid installation has been completed in the Central Sterilization area.
- New ductwork is connected and the installation of the diffusers has begun.
- Tile has been laid in the 2nd floor Administration Building hallway near the clinic area.
- The installation of new carpeting in the Administration Building continues.
- Firetrol is turning the sprinkler heads in the new network/telecom closets due to the fact that ceilings will not be installed in the closets.
MEB Duct Cleaning:
- Cleaning of the remaining ducts on the 3rd floor finished up over the weekend and the 2nd floor cleaning continued.
Miscellaneous MEB Projects:
- Work on the installation of water isolation valves began over the weekend and will finish up this evening.
- Booster pump and vacuum breaker installation took place over the weekend and all of the work was completed.
- Stratos Elevator Company continues to work on Elevator #2 installing the new travel cables.
- Siemens continues to work on repairs to the fire alarm system. They began installing a new fire alarm cabinet in the control room.
- Arc Mechanical continues to fabricate pipe and connect to the water heaters. This work is nearing completion.
Parking Lot #2:
- The contractors have installed three new light poles and fixtures in the parking lot.
- Work crews completed digging trenches for the installation of irrigation wires and the 2 inch main water pipe to the Gravier St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- They continued sealing around the new pipe and electrical wires at the ends of the sleeves installed under the sidewalks on the S. Roman St. and Perdido St. sides of the MEB.