Thursday, August 23, 2007
Dental School :
- The State Fire Marshal completed his inspection of the Dental School buildings this afternoon.
- We were granted a 30 day temporary occupancy pending the completion of items listed in his report.
- LSUHSC Facility Services anticipates having all of these minor issues completed within the next week.
- The fur down on the 1st floor Clinic Building elevator lobby is being constructed.
- The walls in area 3 continue to be sheet rocked.
- The installation of the lighting is nearly complete in area 2.
- The vinyl floor installation continues in the Central Sterilization area.
- The installation of carpet in the Dean's office is complete.
- Minor amounts of Asbestos identified in the 1st floor mechanical room will be abated this weekend allowing Landis to complete connections for the air handling unit (AHU) in area 3.
- The damaged acid waste pipe located in the ceiling area of the 1st floor of the Clinic Building has been removed.
- The installation of new piping will begin immediately.
- The duct cleaning work is continuing on the 6th floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes removed their storage container from the site to make room for the construction and installation of the concrete foundation for the temporary generator.
- Ordes also began making preparations for tomorrow's shutdown of the 208V transformer which will facilitate the installation of an amp meter for PL-1.
- Stratos continues to terminate the travel cable wiring for Elevator #2.
- Siemens continues to pull the new fire alarm wires through the riser.