Monday, August 27, 2007
On Tuesday, August 28th, starting at 5:30 AM, there will be a test of the
temporary emergency generator and associated Automatic Transfer Switches in the
Resource Center .
This test will last approximately 1 hour and will affect lighting,
elevators, air conditioning and power to all receptacles. During the test, only emergency lighting will
operate and the elevators will be captured and brought to their lowest level,
one at a time.
Dental School :
- The construction of the fur downs in the Clinic Building elevator lobby continues.
- New electrical wiring continues to be run throughout the 1st floor.
- The construction in Area 3 continues.
- The construction and installation of the temporary door to Area 2 is complete.
- The installation of the vinyl flooring in the Central Sterilization unit is complete and the remaining sterilizer equipment is being moved into position and installed.
- The Dean's office carpet threshold and transitions have been installed.
- The carpet installation in the remaining part of the Library has begun.
- The freight elevator is now operating in manual mode with an operator.
- Work on the elevator disconnects has been completed.
- We are hopeful that the freight elevator will be certified by the State Elevator Inspector for normal use within the next three weeks.
- The remaining ducts on the 6th floor were cleaned and encapsulated over the weekend.
- The crews will move to the 7th floor tonight.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes Electric met on site with Siemens to discuss the plans for the installation of the new HVAC control panel and devices to replace the ones lost in the basement.
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevator #2; replacing damaged equipment on top of the elevator car.
- Siemens continues to work on the fire alarm system; removing fire alarm devices on the 6th floor.