Thursday, September 20, 2007
- The new and expanded Starbuck coffee kiosk is substantially complete and is back in operation.
- The new sign must still be installed and the countertops will be polished.
- The contractor is installing the feature wall and the remaining booth sections.
- The terrazzo base is also being installed.
- The new concrete slab has been completed.
- The rough in of the electrical wiring is complete.
- The control panels for two coolers and the new walk in freezer are being installed.
- Approximately 30 percent of the new insulated wall panels have been installed.
- The new condensing units are being installed.
- The refrigeration lines are being connected.
- In our continuing effort to maintain and improve our campuses, we have scheduled a sidewalk improvement project in the immediate area of the Residence Hall. The contractor began working on 9/13/07 and is working daily from 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM. Weather permitting; the work will be completed within 3 weeks, as outlined below.
- PHASE 1: Bolivar St. sidewalks (both sides) between Perdido & Poydras.
- PHASE 2: Perdido St. sidewalk (Residence Hall side only) between Bolivar & S. Roman.
- PHASE 3: S. Roman St. sidewalk (Residence Hall side only) between Perdido & Poydras.
- All of Phase 1 work has been completed, with the exception of a 12 foot section that could not be poured due to a water leak. Once the Sewerage & Water Board repairs the leak, the section will be poured.
- The contractor is preparing to begin the Phase 2 work.
Dental School :
- The installation of the controls in the 1st floor mechanical room in the Clinic building is continuing.
- Sheet rock is being installed on the walls in the main lobby area.
- The fur down in the elevator lobby has been taped and floated.
- The Dental School staff is preparing to begin using the new Central Sterilization unit.
- The washers are waiting on the cleaning of the reverse osmosis water system to be completed and the system to come back online. Siemens has been contacted and the work is expected to be completed within a week.
- A change order is required to relocate the cut off valves for the sterilizer and to add an additional air line.
- Ordes has installed the grounding rods and is installing the new conduit from the junction box in the parking lot to the new generator.
- All of the new fire alarm device boxes have been installed on Floors 1 through 8.
- The conduit is being re-routed in the basement.
- Pneumatic tubing is being installed in the basement for the building control system.
- Entergy Thermal is pressure washing the heat exchanger plates of the Energy Transfer Stations to prepare the building to receive chilled water.
- All of the irrigation valves have been installed at the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- Approximately half of the irrigation piping and sprinklers have been installed on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- Crews resumed the installation of irrigation valve boxes around the valves previously installed around the MEB.