Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Dental School :
- Landis began the layout and prep work for the installation of the curved ceiling in the 1st Floor lobby of the Clinic Building.
- The metal doors arrived for the mechanical room, the new Facilities Office and the Clinic Storage area.
- Landis continued the prep work for the sheet rock installation in the 2nd floor conference room in the Administration Building .
- The material for the walls arrived today.
- Schindler continues their work on the punch list items for Elevator cars #6 and #7.
- Ordes terminated and connected electrical power to the wiring for the Parking Garage lighting and the exhaust fans.
- The contractor also continues to pull wiring for the new HVAC controls.
- Stratos Elevator is removing the cab walls of Elevator #8.
- The contractor also continues to remove components from the pit of Elevator #1 (the freight elevator).
- Siemens is pulling wires to all of the fire alarm device boxes in the basement and on the 1st floor.
- The contractor tied-in and programmed the water flow and tamper switches on the valves for the sprinkler system.
- Siemens is currently installing and programming the fire alarm system smoke detectors.
- The testing of the steam lines continues.
- The painting contractor continues to remove the loose and peeling paint in stairwell C.
- Crews are now working on the 2nd floor.
- The paint has been removed on floors 3 - 9.
Allied Health Flooring Enhancement:
- A project to enhance the appearance of the floors within the School of Allied Health is underway. The old tile is being removed and new tile installed. The new tile will enhance the appearance of the hallways and rooms, and will be easier to maintain.
- The installation of the new floor tile and wall base molding on the 6th Floor has been completed.
- The contractor is addressing the punch list items.
- Installers began removing the elevator lobby tile and vinyl wall base molding on the 7th floor.