Tuesday, October 23, 2007Dental School:
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- The installation of the new ceiling tiles in the vestibules of the 1st floor in the Clinic Building continues.
- The contractor began the installation of the curved ceiling sections.
- All of the new plastic laminate doors have been installed on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building.
- The installation of the door hardware and locksets has begun.
- The recessed can lights have been installed in the Composo ceiling near the curved wall.
- The new sheet rock in the 2nd floor conference room in the Administration Building is being taped, floated and prepared to receive paint.
MEB Cafeteria Project:
- Ordes installed the control wiring for the exhaust fans in the parking garage.
- They also installed the 110v wiring for the heating hot water pumps.
- Stratos continues to work on removing the platform of Elevator #8.
- Siemens continues to install new wiring, speakers and strobes on the 1st floor and in the mezzanine area.
- The painting contractor has removed all of the peeling paint from Stairwell C and is priming and patching the surfaces to prepare them for new paint.
- The contractor has patched and primed the Stairwell on Floors 9, 8, & 7.
Exterior Lighting Project:
- The contractor is installing cove base and building the steps for the raised platform.
- Work on the top of the feature wall was completed today.
- As part of the project to enhance the exterior lighting around the campus, new exterior can lights are being installed on top of the MEB in the area on the corner of Perdido St. and Bolivar St.
- The demolition of the old lights has started on top of the area on the corner of Perdido and South Roman Streets.
- The crews continued installing irrigation piping on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB.