Friday, October 05, 2007
Dental School :
- The bids for the permanent roof repairs to the Clinic and Administration Buildings will be advertised on October 10th.
- The pre-bid conference is scheduled for October 12th.
- Bids will be opened on October 23rd.
- Landis continued cleaning the floors and the granite clad wall in the Clinic Building 1st floor lobby while awaiting the new materials to arrive for the ceiling and wall finishes.
- Schindler began adjusting the controls, wiring connections, doors and motor speed on the freight elevator (#5) in the Clinic Building and continued adjusting Elevator #7 in the Administration Building.
- They worked on repairs to the Elevator #6 cab interior. This evening Adco Metal will clean and seal the metal finishes.
- Gentigue installed a new door gasket on one of the sterilizers correcting a leak in the Central Sterilization area.
- Siemens delivered the new control panels for the EMS upgrade. All of the network wires for the system have been run throughout the buildings.
- A draft of the permanent repair and Section 406 Hazard Mitigation proposal for the Clinic Building, the Administration Building and the Power plant has been reviewed by the head of the GOHSEP 406 Hazard Mitigation team and representatives of LSUHSC with the architects.
- Some additional details and refinements are needed before the design concept will be presented to FEMA for their initial review.
- A preliminary draft of a Benefit Cost Analysis suggests that the proposal will be very cost effective.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos continues to work on Elevators #7 and #8 changing the door track on Floors 3 through 5.
- The contractor is run-testing Elevator #2 which will be inspected by the State Elevator Inspector on Monday.
- Siemens continues to work on the installation of the fire alarm panel; installing and programming the control modules.
- The initial proposal for permanent roof repairs to the building was submitted to FEMA and is now under review.
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs & Mitigation:
- LSUHSC has been completing their review of the construction documents for the proposal to make permanent repairs to the building and to elevate the Cohn Learning Center to the 6th floor and the critical mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment to the 2nd floor. Comments are due to FP&C next week.
- FEMA is evaluating the cost data that has been submitted to insure that the estimates represent â€œfair and reasonableâ€ figures.
- The versions to the related Project Worksheets have been written and submitted for internal reviews by FEMA.