Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The first floor of the Dental School Clinic Building will be closed
to foot traffic from 6:00 AM on Saturday, November 17th until 6:00 AM on
Monday, November 19th. The contractor
will be refinishing the terrazzo floors on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building ,
making the normal entrances inaccessible during this entire time. All foot traffic will be redirected to the
exterior stair entrance leading to the second floor. If you must access the building during this
time period, please look for the signs that will direct entrance to the
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs & 406
- The Office of Facility Planning and Control will advertise the bids for the contract on November 21, 2007, and again on November 28, 2007.
- The pre-bid conference is scheduled for November 29, 2007.
- Bids are scheduled to be opened on December 5, 2007.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevators #7 and #8.
- The contractor installed the car operator panel (COP) and continues to change the governor cables for Elevator #8.
- The contractor powered-up the controller for Elevator #7 and is installing new elevator brake mechanisms.
- The insulating sub-contractor was on site on site delivering pipe insulation.
- Siemens continues to work on the installation of the new fire alarm system.
- Faculty members continue to clean out offices and remove personal items throughout the building.
Dental School :
- Houston Engineering began the soil boring to acquire soil samples at the proposed site for an annex to the Clinic Building.
- The annex will be a key component of the permanent repairs and Section 406 Hazard Mitigation proposal that will address the Clinic Building, the Administration Building and the Power Plant.
- Crews installed centipede sod on the Gravier St. and Bolivar St. sides of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- They also installed sod on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB.