Friday, November 16, 2007
NOTICE: On Saturday, November 17th, the elevator contractor,
Schindler, will be working on Elevators #2, #3 and #4 in the main elevator
lobby of the Medical Education Building . Only passenger elevator #1 will be
operational during the hours of 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. This work is a part of the elevator upgrade
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- American Sprinkler repaired a leak and replaced damaged pipe on the fire pump assembly.
- Jefferson Sprinkler delivered the rebuilt fire pump motor to the site.
- Arc Mechanicals pipe insulators continue to insulate the steam lines in the basement.
- The painting contractor removed all of the cove base in Stairwell B and they are touching-up the walls on Floors 4 â€“ 8.
- They are also priming the walls and handrails on Floors 1 â€“ 3.
- The contractor is sanding the walls on Floors 3 â€“ 6 and floating the walls on Floors 1 - 2 in Stairwell A.
- The elevator contractor continues to replace the governor cables for Elevator #8 and to demolish the cab for Elevator #7.
- Siemens continues to work on the fire alarm system pulling wires on the 9th Floor.
- Faculty and staff members are completing their efforts to clean offices and remove personal items and contents before the start of the final remediation project.
Dental School :
- Landis cleaned and prepared the floor surfaces on the 1st Floor of the Clinic Building for refinishing over the weekend.
- They also performed some corrective work such as adjusting door hardware and door swings.
- The 2 x 4 light fixtures and the supply grilles have been installed in the 2nd Floor conference room in the Administration Building.
- The contractors worked on tying in the new supply air ducts to the mixing dampers.
- Intrepid Stone completed the replacement of the stone pavers on the walk way.
- They have also replaced the damaged stone wall cladding on the 7th Floor of the Clinic Building at the elevator lobby.
- Crews finished the final grading on the S. Roman St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building in preparation for the installation of plants next week.