Tuesday, December 18, 2007
On Wednesday morning, December 19th, at 5:30 AM there will be a generator test
at the Resource Center Building . This test will cause all non-emergency
powered systems to be shut down â€“ air conditioning, domestic water, elevators
and non-emergency lighting. All power
and services will be restored by 6:30 AM.
Please do not attempt to use any faucets or toilets during this outage. This generator test is to assure emergency
power reliability with the generator currently in service.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos is installing the new hoist cables for elevator #8.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to clean the ducts on the 3rd floor.
- Duct samples were taken on the 4th floor.
- Zimmer continues to remove debris from the 4th floor.
- The ceiling tile and carpet removal is on hold until the debris removal is complete on the 4th floor.
- The contractor continues to complete the final remediation and cleaning on Floors 6, 7, and 8.
- The contractor is also mobilizing crews and equipment to the 5th Floor.
- The contractor continued removing floor tile on the 1st Floor.
- The completed rooms were sampled today.
- Landis continued working on their punch list. They installed the plastic laminate on the transom of the restroom doors.
- Schindler continued wiring the car top for Elevator # 4.
- They also finished installing the cable grippers (brakes) for Elevator # 3.
- Temporary Book Store:
- The contractor began installing the curtain wall to separate their work area from the rest of the library.
- The crews continued installing plants on the S. Roman St. side of the MEB at the entrance/exit to the loading dock/service area.