Wednesday, January 23, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Siemens finished stabilizing the fire alarm devices on the 1st Floor and has begun trouble-shooting the devices on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor continues to pull new wires to the fire alarm devices on the 5th Floor.
- Stratos Elevator continues to install the safeties on Elevator #8.
- They have finished installing the rear door for Elevator #1 at the basement level.
- Zimmer crews continue to seal the ducts on the 7th and 8th Floors.
- Crews also continue to remove debris from Floors 2 - 5 in the rear of the building.
- The contractor finished cleaning in the main corridor on the 3rd floor.
- A visual inspection is being scheduled.
- Zimmer finished removing floor tile from areas on the 5th Floor; in the corridors and rooms along Tulane Avenue .
- They are applying encapsulant over the same area.
- The painting contractor is painting on the 8th Floor and in Suite 123 .
- Trison is sanding and priming the walls for the network closets on the 1st and 4th Floors.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing removed another 17 squares of the old roof today.
- They installed the insulation plus the first ply of roofing materials at the corner of the roof nearest Florida Ave. and the Student/Visitors lot.
- Most of the debris was removed and discarded.
- Trison Constructors started installing the new oven exhaust duct work in the basement and on the first floor.
- They are waiting for the new fire dampers and the fan to arrive to complete the work.
- Sherlock Construction taped and floated the walls of the temporary bookstore and ran wires for the additional lights and switches.
- Crews moved the backflow preventer (for the water supply for irrigation in the Parking Lot 2 pocket park) inside the parking lot fence.
- They started trenching for the irrigation pipe in the small park area in the corner of the lot.