January 8, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes was on site reviewing the work that remains on the punch list with Wink Engineering.
- Siemens continues to install new fire alarm wiring on the 8th Floor.
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on repairs to Elevator #1.
- They are also working on the wiring for Elevator #8.
- The contractor is moving their night crew to the 6th Floor to begin coating the HVAC ducts.
- Carpet is being removed from the 3rd Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette is removing ACM countertops and lab benches from rooms on the 3rd Floor.
- The contractor resumed removing ceiling tile from the 3rd Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues the final cleaning of the center corridor on the 4th Floor.
- They are preparing the 3rd floor for paint removal.
- The contractor removed floor tile on the 7th and 8th Floor and had these areas visually inspected..
- The night crew is removing additional floor tile on the 7th floor.
- Sample Results:
- Ducts on the 6th Floor were cleared with the exception of a fan coil.
- Fan coil 609M is scheduled for re-cleaning.
- All ducts on the 4th Floor have been cleared.
- Ducts on the 3rd Floor were cleared with the exception of a fan coil.
- Fan coil 331C is scheduled for re-cleaning.
- Air samples for the 5th Floor failed to be cleared and re-cleaning will be required.
- Air samples for the 6th Floor were cleared except for a couple of rooms that are scheduled to be re-cleaned.
- The contractor completed installing the temporary roof on the Bolivar St. and the Perdido St. corner of the building.
- The work continues on the Perdido side of the building.
Dental School :
- The layout and framing of the vestibule walls for the temporary bookstore has begun.
- Schindler adjusted the cab, door operator and call buttons for Elevator # 3.
- Trenching for the irrigation pipe has begun. Crews starting on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB and they are working around the corner to the Perdido St. side of the building.