Thursday, February 14, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevator #1 as they install the hoist cables and rigging equipment.
- The contractor is also working to complete the re-wiring of Elevator #8.
- Siemens has cleared all trouble codes for the fire alarm devices on the 6th Floor.
- Zimmer continues to seal up the access holes that were cut into the 2nd Floor ducts.
- Zimmer finished removing the transite exhaust ducts on the 7th and 8th Floors and has begun removing the transite ducts on the 6th Floor.
- Zimmer continues to clean on the 6th Floor in the rear of the building on the Charity side and is preparing the area for the visual inspection.
- Zimmer began removing the floor tiles in the center corridor on the 3rd Floor.
- The 3rd Floor "A section" (over the parking garage) passed the visual inspection and samples were taken.
- The painting contractor finished spraying the finish paint in the corridors on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- Crews have begun spraying in the offices on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor continues to spray the finish coats of paint in the corridors on the 5th Floor.
- Other crews are continuing to float and prepare the walls on the 4th Floor.
- The contractor finished installing the new sheetrock on the 8th Floor to replace the drywall that was removed during the mold remediation.
- The contractor began installing new sheetrock on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor continues to install new ceiling grid "tees" on the 6th, 7th, and 8th Floors to convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings.
- The contractor is also removing and replacing any damaged ceiling grid.
- The installation on the 6th and 8th Floors is nearing completion.
- Boe-Tel removed the old network wires and is pulling new network cables on the 4th Floor.
- They finished installing the final components of the network rack on the 1st Floor.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing continued installing the pitch pans on the Clinic Building roof around the various penetrations through the roof.
- They also assessed the roof leaks that were revealed by the heavy rains earlier in the week and began to prepare for the forecasted weather this weekend.
- Sherlocks Construction worked on closing up the ceiling in the temporary bookstore; installing the remaining ceiling grid and tiles.
- They also continued balancing the air supply for the new space.
- Securitas ran wires to install security cameras located next to the intercom speakers at the entrances to the Clinic Building .
- Crews installed irrigation pipe and sprinklers between the sidewalk and street curb on the Perdido Street side of the Residence Hall.
- They also trenched for the irrigation pipe on the building side of the sidewalk and prepared to connect to the backflow preventer.